WHAT IS WEBSITE MAINTENANCE SERVICE ?
Website maintenance is of grave importance as far as keeping a website alive is concerned. While it may seem that once a website is online the task is complete, this is inaccurate. It’s a continuous task ensuring that a website is updated, its hardware and software parts are working well, and that basically the site is monitored. This is the description of what a webmaster does. They are paid to ensure that the website never lacks anything, including the content itself. They are also charged with the responsibility of marketing and advertising the site, and this means investing time learning in marketing campaigns, and researching any webmaster tools that can aid in this. What happens in the absence of a webmaster? What if the webmaster was only contracted for creation of the site and not to maintain it? What then? Simple: invest in a website maintenance service.
A website maintenance service is an online service offered for website owners who lack a webmaster but still want their website maintained. The number of things that a website maintenance service can do differs, depending on the service itself, and how much a client is willing to pay. It’s hard to say whether a website maintenance service is a more practical solution than hiring a webmaster. What’s for sure though is that having a webmaster that is entrusted with the site for a permanent or a semi-permanent basis is better, since they are less likely to be dedicated to many other sites. The same cannot be said about a website maintenance service which could be serving a large number of clients.
A website maintenance service is usually run by a webmaster in most cases. This means that there are some expectations that you can have- like you can expect them to manage the content on your site, making additions that are relevant, and revising others. They can also take part in optimizing your website, and marketing it so that a greater traffic can be generated. They can also take over any design needs that you have. For instance if you want images or videos added, they will be added, and in a clever way to ensure that the multimedia additions will not delay the loading time your site experiences. Posting graphics is important in keeping your site fresh, even when new information is constantly being added. Graphics generally have a greater visual effect in making a site updated than content alone does.
A website maintenance service is ideal for the owners of small websites which don’t have diverse maintenance needs. Because not a lot needs to be done, the service can meet whatever needs the site owner has. However, for a big site, a website maintenance service is not better suited, and having a team of webmasters is considered more ideal. They will not deal with the maintenance remotely as a service would, and this means they will be more thorough in monitoring, especially making sure that the hardware and the software parts are working well.
It is said that a great website is a work in progress. At Design Global Advertising Media we can help your business to sustain a competitive advantage by constantly updating your website with the latest information on products and services. Our services are designed mainly for clients who don't have a webmaster or separate person to update the site on a regular basis.
Creating a website can be easy compared to maintaining it. Over the years that we have been developing websites we have discovered that maintaining a site requires more money than developing it. If you don't want to spend your time updating your website, then let us do it for you so that you can focus on what you do best.
We can allot fixed hours every month, week or even day to work on updating your website by publishing new pages, changing or adding new images or text, maintaining links and even checking for any possible virus attacks.
What is Website Maintenance?
Website maintenance includes revising, editing, or otherwise changing existing web pages to keep your website up to date for the visitors. The periodic addition of new web pages is also part of maintenance services.
Websites are not intended to be static. The value of a practice website is the ability to maintain current information online at a reasonable cost. We assume that you will want to revise some or all of your web pages over time, as well as adding additional web pages according to your business needs. To assist you in maintaining current information online, we offer several options for website maintenance.
If you believe you will be making regular changes to your website over time, you can save money by purchasing a website maintenance contract. A maintenance contract is for a one year term, and is non-refundable. The monthly charge for maintenance is based on the size of your website at the time the contract is signed.
Benefits of website maintenance
Our Website Maintenance job includes:
- Maintains Top ranking in search engines
- Perfectly maintained website performs better in search engines
- Helps to retain your clients
- Increases your brand value
- Promotes your business better than un maintained websites
- Speaks highly of your professionalism
- Content update
- News and events
- Product Updates
- Article writing for your concept and product
- Layout Redesigning
- Advertisement banners designing
- Price update
- Writing Blog's
- Adding new pages for your new products
- Checking for any virus, malware attacks
- Cross Browser Compatibility check
- Logo Modifications
- Image updating
- Page Loading tests
- Search engine visibility tests
- Link building
- Back of your current website
- Bug removal
- Enquiry form updates
Website Maintenance terms and conditions:
- We maintain a current local backup copy of your web site.
- "Maintenance" is defined as keeping the web site current. It is not intended to be a redesign or revamp.
- Updates are completed within 2-3 days of the time they are received.
- Although we make every effort to make accurate changes, it is the client's responsibility to review updates and notify us of any necessary changes that need to be made. We do not charge for changes that are our fault. However, if a change needs to be made due to client error, the regular hourly update fees will be charged.
- We reserve the right to distinguish between "updates" and "new design". New design work is charged at our design rate.
- Updates should be provided electronically (by email) as much as possible. Attachments should be in .txt or .doc (Word) format. Pictures need to be .jpg or .gif. Updates may also be sent by postal mail .These requires retyping data or scanning photos and will cost more to complete the changes.
- Your web site may be using third-party components (web site trackers, weather info- feeds, etc.). We have no control over what third party sites do and take no responsibility for loss of information due to actions of these sites. Any changes to your site stemming from regulations of these third party components will be billed at the normal hourly rate.