What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is using email to distribute your marketing messages.
Most popular is growing your own list, for example a newsletter, and sending emails to the list containing tips along with things subscribers might be interested in buying.
As well as your own list of tip-readers and potential customers, Email Marketing can also cover advertising on email newsletters or follow-up emails to your own customers.
While you could include these other wider definitions, most people when talking about Email Marketing are mainly using the term to describe building a list with a view to growing reader loyalty and making sales.
What are the Advantages of Email Marketing?
As just mentioned, a good email list, well run, can grow your reader loyalty. Hearing from you again and again with good content reminds readers of your value, especially if they take your advice and find it works for them. That said, the obvious reason why most people try email marketing is because it is profitable. This is because of the following attributes:
Email marketing is easily the most underrated and underutilized of the 7 PILLARS. The primary reasons are: a) spam makes us nervous about the rules; b) the lack of easy-to-use subscription management systems; c) poor tracking and customer behavior analysis tools; and d) lack of consistency and creativity in messaging.
- Low Cost – Communicating via email has many of the advantages of traditional direct mail but with much lower costs
- Speed – If you need to you can get a message out to your entire list very fast
- Ease (both for you and the reader) – For your marketing to be a success it has to be easy for the recipient, but it helps that email marketing is easy for you too as it means you can do it yourself
- Push – While websites and RSS are “pull”, in that the visitor has to come to you, with email you can send your messages out, reminding and re-engaging readers
- Personalized – The more information you collect, the more messages can be tailored and personalized. Email also has the particularly special ability to segment, meaning you can split people off into smaller, more focused lists.
- Viral – It’s so easy for people to forward your message on to others, spreading further than you could alone.
- Tracking – Everything from how many emails were opened, through to each individual link click can be tracked, meaning you can hone your techniques and improve performance
- Testing – Along with tracking, you can test different subject lines, calls to action, use of images, and so on, to further improve your results
- Complimentary – Email, while an excellent tactic, does not replace your other marketing activities but compliments them extremely well. Combining multiple tactics can build very profitable marketing campaigns.
- Opt-In – Perhaps most important, the best email lists are always opt-in, meaning you have permission to contact the person. This permission is very powerful and should not be underestimated.
The Outcomes of Email Marketing at Global Advertising Media are:
- List Management
- HTML Email Design
- Secure Transmissions
- Campaign Tracking
- Affiliate Marketing
- Choose from Over 60 Targeted Categories
- We Send Your Exclusive Stand Alone Email Message
- Targeted Options for Emailing by Category Interest
- Safe, "No Spam" Email Marketing Service
- Reach Millions of People Who Want to Learn About Your Website
- We Send Through Our Servers
- Uses All 100% Opt-In, Subscriber Email Lists